Prior to this dance, the Father-of-the-Bride, Dick, talked about and showed photographs on a video screen of the many dances he attended with his lovely daughter (bride) Lindsey.
He initiated Father-Daughter "dance dates" when she was very small because this,he believed, was a meaningful way to "grow" their relationship. He shared that he alwayslooked forward to these special times together. And what a wonderfully warm and strong bond they have developed over the years. He calls her his princess and means it.
Congratulations to the families!
A short explanation of the Father-Daughter Wedding Dance.
"It is tradition for the father of the bride to dance with his daughter on her wedding day. This is the last dance that a father and daughter will share before she starts her life and her dances with her new husband" according to Ms. Hartman .
"She believes that this dance with her dad is an important step from being supported by her family to forming a supportive relationship with her new husband. The dance represents the father letting go of his little girl to become a wife, said the St. Agnes parishioner."
Most Popular Father and Daughter Wedding Songs
According to Davis Deejays
1. Butterfly Kisses – Bob Carlisle
2. The Way You Look Tonight – Frank Sinatra
3. Daddy’s Little Girl – Al Martino
4. Unforgettable – Natalie and Nat King Cole
5. What a Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
6. Daughters – John Mayer
7. My Girl – The Temptations
8. Father’s Eyes – Amy Grant
9. Thank Heaven For Little Girls – Maurice Chevalier
10. Isn’t She Lovely – Stevie Wonder -
photos by D Jentz